17 d

Has dating really changed this much in the last decade or so?

Dragonpurple
I am legally separated and going through a slow divorce, that will likely take a year or two.

I have not been actively looking for someone at all but I've been approached by four different women asking if I wanted to go out with them on a date.

This is new to me as the last time I dated was in 2007 and no one ever asked me out and I had to do all the work and most of the time I would get rejected.

What in the world has changed?

I have texts from random women wanting to chat, they heard about what is happening and are interested in getting to know me. I ask how did you get my number, and they'll say they got it from someone we both know mutually... like ugh, I'm flattered but what the hell. You've never even met me and you want to text for a week or two and then meet up?

Is this how dating works these days? If so I kind of like it, but still highly unusual.
2
0