20 d

Asked her out but she is isolating because of covid, how do I follow up?

RyKen
I (22M) asked her (21F) out over messenger and she told me that she currently has covid, so isn't going to be going out any time in the next week or so. However, that's all she said in response and I'm not sure of the best way to follow up. Obviously, I respect that she has it and is isolating in line with UK government guidelines, so that isn't my issue.

I was debating as to whether I ask her if she would be up for it once she has finished isolating, or perhaps cooling off for a brief period and asking her out in a couple weeks once she is able to go out again. I'm open to suggestions!

For a bit of background, I knew her from school around 4/5 years ago now and just decided to reconnect over messenger, as that's the only line of communication I have with her, and see how she was doing. Conversation was going alright, but I'm not big on constantly messaging, especially when getting to know someone, so I decided to ask her out to see if she would be up for continuing the conversation offline and here we are.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
1
0