18 d

We've only been dating for a short period of time, so why did he tell his family about me?

Anonymous
We've never met before irl, only met on a social media platform. He lives very far away from me. I plan to go see him either late this year or sometime next year, however it is not certain I'll be able to until I am financially stable and have someone here to look after my grandparents. We've only been dating for a month, and he's already told his dad about me. I'm not exactly sure what was said but he told me that his dad knows we are together. Then yesterday, his mum viewed my instagram stories (which meant she would have gone through my account). I trusted him not to share my personal details (such as my full name), but now his mum knows what I look like. And even if it was just him going through my account, I will still be on her search list. She has many instagram pictures, so she knows how to use the app. He is several years older than me, but I am just about to turn 18. And dw, we haven't done anything and wouldn't even plan to do so until I'm 18 or over. Anyways, why did he tell his parents about me? We have only been dating for about a month now. I haven't spoken to him about it yet, but do you think he showed his parents? And if so, why?
We've only been dating for a short period of time, so why did he tell his family about me?
Add Opinion