14 d

Am I reading too much into this?

Pinkie2021
I’m (30) f dating (42) m for the past 6 weeks, we get on great the conversation flows and we have a really good connection and always laughing when we are together.

I have spent two full weekends with him which again have been amazing however I did notice after the first weekend he was a little quiet a few days after (I. e not texting as much) I did bring this up and he opened up to me and told me he suffers with depression so hasn’t really wanted to talk etc.

I have been extremely supportive to him and he knows that and appreciates it, however I still can’t help feeling unwanted and this is now making me anxious which results in me moaning at him. The thing I have noticed is sometimes he won’t read my message for hours but will be online which makes me feel like I am not important to him anymore. I’ve spoken very openly with him and he apologised and doesn’t want me to feel like this.

I spent the weekend just gone with him and it was great however I noticed he was fidgeting a lot which he never used to, we went bowling and had a laugh then went back to his. I woke up to a message off him today and we exchanged a few texts then he goes silent again! I tried calling him on my way to work, he didn’t answer, didn’t reply to my messages but has been online! He knows this makes me feel unwanted (I’ve had this before so he knows I’m insecure) but I’m still not noticing a change.

A week ago I told him I can’t keep feeling like this and he thought I ended it and he was upset, couldn’t sleep and kept ringing me and was gutted I wouldn’t talk to him so I don’t get why he is letting a situation happen again! If he didn’t keep communication all the time previously I wouldn’t have a problem but he used to constantly be on the phone and now he isn’t so it’s made me freak out. Especially as we have got a lot closer then it feels like we are going how many steps back.

Any advice would be appreciated
Am I reading too much into this?
1
1