3 mo

What’s dating been like for you?

JustNotherHuman34
I’m genuinely curious about this. How’s dating been for you? What do you enjoy/loathe about it? Is it just a way for you to socialize and meet new people or are you trying to find love? Do you have an ideal activity for a date? How’s it all working out for you?

I ask all this because I’m clueless about all of it. I learned recently that traditional dating is not for me. Having to learn about someone I don’t know at all under the single pretense that we’re physically attracted to each other is not my cup of tea. I’ve been told I’m a demisexual, which could be accurate since I only consider dating friends, having established a solid connection with them before pursuing anything more.

Even so, I tried traditional dating last year and confirmed my suspicion that it’s not for me. Meeting new people was cool, since a recluse by nature. However, getting to know a person and then working out ways to meet up and hang out with them was exhausting and draining. In addition, my social anxiety was on 10 every day. I confirmed that I have to establish trust and a pretty strong bond with people before I let them into my orbit, yet alone date them. But I digress.

Anyway, because I’m someone who’s no good with dating, I just want to know what everyone else’s experiences have been like. Positive? Negative? Informative? I’d like to hear it all!
Add Opinion