3 mo

What’s dating been like for you?

JustNotherHuman34
I’m genuinely curious about this. How’s dating been for you? What do you enjoy/loathe about it? Is it just a way for you to socialize and meet new people or are you trying to find love? Do you have an ideal activity for a date? How’s it all working out for you?

I ask all this because I’m clueless about all of it. I learned recently that traditional dating is not for me. Having to learn about someone I don’t know at all under the single pretense that we’re physically attracted to each other is not my cup of tea. I’ve been told I’m a demisexual, which could be accurate since I only consider dating friends, having established a solid connection with them before pursuing anything more.

Even so, I tried traditional dating last year and confirmed my suspicion that it’s not for me. Meeting new people was cool, since a recluse by nature. However, getting to know a person and then working out ways to meet up and hang out with them was exhausting and draining. In addition, my social anxiety was on 10 every day. I confirmed that I have to establish trust and a pretty strong bond with people before I let them into my orbit, yet alone date them. But I digress.

Anyway, because I’m someone who’s no good with dating, I just want to know what everyone else’s experiences have been like. Positive? Negative? Informative? I’d like to hear it all!
What’s dating been like for you?
What’s dating been like for you?
8
29