Girls, why is he like this? Why does he turn everything we do or what is spent into an argument over money like he’s given me his liver?

+5Xper
Mazzalou
I’ve been with my boyfriend 6 year’s we don’t live together and never will to be honest. If we have arguments he always bring money into it like he bought me crisps, chocolates and wine which isn’t often. He doesn’t invite me to tea but will send me great pics of meals he’s cooked. He doesn’t treat me to anything and if we were to go somewhere even local I’ve to add to petrol. I’m very independent and don’t expect anything from anyone. I’m a kind person I’ve helped him clean and decorate his home, and I never expect a return for it. But yet anything he may do like us going shopping or he’s picked me up from work or cooked tea at mine and I’ve bought the food in by way, he always gets this overwhelmed feeling and can’t get over what he’s done for me. And will always bring it up, he will smile n say, I picked you up took you home. He has to constantly remind me of the very little things he’s done for me like he’s given me his liver. In arguments which has nothing to do with money, money will be brought into it in him driving me somewhere how he’s bought me few drinks at pub, the crisp etc to watch Netflix and say he wants it all paid back and actually calculates how much he’s spent on me. Who’s spent the most on what and how I owe him thousands. Honestly I look around in my home and what I own, and alls I see is what I’ve paid for. There’s no gifts from him except one thing which is a bracelet and that’s it. He makes very little effort at Christmas and one year forgot my birthday well two years on the run. I once paid a weekend away for his birthday and I never bring that up even though it cost me a fortune. But I’m that kind of person I like to treat people and if I can afford it I will. I’m at stage now, I make no effort and we do nothing together as it’s not worth it as it’s all I hear how he’s taken me here and there.
3