When your sixteen years old, is it weird that:
- you haven't had a first kiss
- you've never gone out on a date
- you've never been asked out
- you've never been grounded
- all your classmates say you're kind-hearted, smart, beautiful, awesome, the coolest friend, chill, the nicest student, "badass", etc.
- the person you like doesn't know you exist
- every time you fall for someone, they fall for your friend
- when you see a couple making out in the hallways, you melt because the one you love is in their arms...the arms of who you thought was your friend.
Did you know someone like this in high school? Do you know if they were ever happy? Because I'm not...I need some honest advice/comments that will make me feel better about myself.
Most Helpful Girl
Honey relax, you sound just like me when I was your age...and I didn't even get serious with anyone until I was 21. It was well worth the wait too, because by that time I was able to see past the frogs and choose a prince, albeit he was only 22. Take your time...be comfortable in your own skin...appreciate your uniqueness and the fact that (for whatever reason) you're moving at your own speed. There is NO RUSH. I had (and still do have) men lined up to date me, because they viewed me as a woman who knew her value...one who was choosy about men and not easily led into the arms of anyone just to keep up appearances or to feed any deep-rooted insecurities. A man will NEVER make you happy. Only you can do that for yourself. So figure out why you're not happy and do your best to transform yourself into the ideal person you want to become. Focus on your goals for the future, what you want to achieve with your life. Like attracts like, and (good) men will follow and pursue you once you truly know what you're worth. Good Luck!1