If you don't feel the "spark" on the first date, should you still go on a second date?

HotPepper302
I think I've been socialized to feel that if I'm really meant to be with someone, the chemistry will be there from the start -- it won't be forced, or learnt over time like a course you take in school. It should be natural... At least with my "soul mate..." And ideally, that's what I'm looking for.

You know, you date to find out what you like or don't like before you settle down, but I can't decide whether or not it's a waste of time to continue seeing someone with whom there is no chemistry from the start.

By no chemistry, I don't mean to say that you don't get along really well, or that you find them physically repulsive... But that you just don't feel any sort of romantic interest, despite having no particular reason for it.

Thoughts?
2
3