+1 y

What is a good place to be with someone you love, but are not in a relationship with?

Ok, so I've known this girl for 2 and a half years now, and I love her with all my heart, but don't know her exact feelings about me. We live over an hour apart, so we rarely get to see each other... as in, 3 times a year, and that's if we're lucky. Her foster mom has agreed to try to set up a time for us to be together this summer, and I was wondering what are some places that don't cost much money where we could be together, and not be to awkward? I am going to be a Junior this year, and she is going to be a Freshmen, so both of parents will probably be there with us, at least at a distance. I was thinking along the lines of going to a park, and having a picnic, and then maybe going on a trail or something. Does this seem like a good idea? I really want it to be enjoyable, especially for her, but with my family being short on cash at the moment, we're kind of limited on options. Do any of you have any suggestions? Also, what would be a good gift to bring her? I write her a lot of poems, and have made other stuff for her in the past (like beaded jewelry, and a wooden clothes pin angel)... I would like it to be something I can make myself because I know that she enjoys that kind the most. Any suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time for those who reply! =)
2
1