I met this guy about a month ago that I really like. I felt like I had a good connection with him right away. Now before anyone gets all poetic and tells me that true love waits and all this other bull..realize that I have been in several long term (4+ year) relationships where I NEVER felt this kind of strong connection. I am done messing around and am actually looking for the real deal. That is why I am here..seeking your help to let me know what the EFFF is going on. Thank you very much.
1.He is always the one to write me or call me first. Seems very caring..sent me a card in the mail to my address, (No guy EVER did that for me before) for helping him look over his resume so he could get an additional job.
2. He will say he misses me or can't wait to see me...yet he is always out to dinner with his father. (him and his father weren't close at one point and spend a lot of time together..the dad is a recovering alcoholic or something) He knows I am not gonna drive to him late at night during the week because I have work the next day.
He lives 40 min away.
3. He mentions his ex a lot. Said they broke up in Jan but I found the dad's Facebook and saw a pic clearly labeled 4/25/12 my birthday dinner and there was a pic of the guy and his ex there. I also saw another picture from nov 2011 and it said I missed my son so much didn't see him for 20 months..he is too smart and handsome to not succeed..hang in there son. Where did this guy go for 20 months? a rehab or something? Says he isn't into drugs..he doesn't even smoke..so I am wondering where he disappeared to for 20 months? His uncle also commented on that pic saying seeing it made him cry and he has to help him regain these lost years. WTF? I can't say I found it..but I did. It isn't really my business I just like to know what I'm am getting myself into.
4. I saw a picture of him at a club with friends. The friend labeled the pic great night at bridge view...me and (my guy) passed out in my car after till 9 am. (doesn't this guy have work in the am?
5. I noticed he texts me from 12:45 on every day...i never asked but he told me it was because his manager watches him like a hawk...then how is he able to text me after that? Does he really work? He has an apartment..but it is kind of on the shady side & how was he passed out in the car till 9 am on a Tuesday? He doesn't know I know this either..
6. He is constantly saying he wishes he got to see me more, and misses me and we have so much in common...so why aren't you making an extreme effort? Whenever I get sick of waiting for him to do dinner with his dad (the guys apartment has no kitchen) I make plans with a friend and he gets upset and says damn I wish we got to hangout. so why the hell aren't u? Stop wasting my time. Men what in the world is going on here?!?!?!
Most Helpful Girl
First of all, don't get yourself buried in Facebook. That will ruin even the best relationship. You should calm it down a bit, stay away from Facebook snooping (unsubscribe from him status updates if you have to. It will make stalking less tempting.) He's obviously a new person in your life-- can you imagine he he laid all his demons out on the table on your first or second date?! You'd be mortified! Likewise, if you just told some guy you went out with all your life stories and secrets, how off-putting that would be.
If he's into you, he'll divulge his business in good time. Don't judge before you know the full story. But, don't also be taken for a sucker. Just, treat it like getting to know any other person. Maybe he is a jerk. Maybe he's the best thing to walk into your life. Either way, don't jump to conclusions based on Facebook stalking. Base your conclusions on his character from him, what you observe first hand, and what he tells you about his past.
Honestly, to me, it sounds like he JUST got out of a serious relationship. It might be too soon for him to jump into another one. But, that's my opinion ;)2