He's broken no contact what should I do?

So my ex and I broke up three weeks ago while on holiday (yeah great timing I know!) obviously we had to spend the rest of the holiday together and I held myself together pretty well the majority of the time although he did see me cry quite a lot and voice my concern that we might be making a mistake. It's a distance relationship so after we landed in the UK we went our separate ways. For the next week we had some contact via text message and then a proper discussion over I'm last Tuesday night to discuss where we went wrong. At the end of the conversation I asked him to give me some time and not contact me for a couple of weeks and I'd text him at the end of the month to arrange a chat. It was hard but I made it through the week without contacting him at all - then out of the blue on Wednesday I got a text from him around lunchtime that simply said "How ya doing? xx" I didn't know whether or not to reply but in the end I sent him a message 8 hours later that said "I'm OK, keeping busy. Hope you're OK too :) Xx" I tried to keep it short and sweet answering his question but not asking him anything so not expecting a reply but he did anyway with "I'm alright, you know me x" I didn't reply to that one - I had every intention of maintaining no contact til the end of the month as planned. However this morning he text me again with a simple "Pokes xx" I don't really want to reply but nor do I want him to think I've stopped caring. I don't know what I want from us. I'm not intentionally using no contact as a way to get back together, I just felt like taking a step back from us was the best way to figure that out. Do I reply or just leave it til the date we agreed on? We're over halfway there and the second stint can't possibly be as hard as the first can it?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• stick to your guns so he takes you seriously,u need this time to see how much you each really care about each other, don't respond,keep him guessing