The first date went great. Dinner and a few drinks afterward, we hit it off right away and ended up making out at the end of the night. We agreed on a second date, but we’d figure out the details of it later. I should also point out that I live an hour away, but we decided we'd give it a shot.
The next few days, we talk on the phone and text and she’s really excited to see me again and we decide on that Wednesday for out next date. Everything is looking good, and then her excitement level plummets. Where she would always be the first to text me in the morning, I can’t get a word out of her till well into the afternoon. We were still texting a bit in the evenings and we talk for an hour or so, on the phone. So at this point, I’m not sure what she’s thinking; while she doesn’t seem as enthusiastic, we’d still keep in contact with each other. We decide to push the date back to the weekend, because she felt it would be too rushed on a week day, this is fine by me.
I get a hold of her the day before the date and she says she’s been sick all day and it probably wouldn’t be a good idea for her to go out the next night. At this point, I’m can’t tell if it’s a blow off or a legit issue, so I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. The next day rolls around, I never hear a peep from her, I finally text her later that night asking her to be honest with me about if she’s really still into the whole idea of us going out again. I don’t hear anything till Sunday night; she apologizes for not getting back to me sooner and says she still wants to see me again.
It may sound like I’m coming on too strong, but I’ve been dating long enough to know to keep my distance with the whole thing. Also, while I do like her, I know it won’t be the end of the world if she decides she doesn’t want to see me again, so I’m trying my best not to come off as desperate. Basically, I’m just confused by her actions and would like to avoid wasting any more time on the whole thing.