+1 y

Can a guy be too good to date? Is it a bad thing to be good?

I'm not trying to toot my own horn but can a guy be too good to date? I will start by saying that I'm far from the most attractive guy in the world but the way in which I carry myself and live my life is one that should appeal greatly to a girl that is serious about relationships and knows what she's doing and isn't trying to make an immature douche bag her husband, figuratively speaking.

Pardon my rashness but I can't stand it much longer. Girls don't even seem to get it. Back on topic, I am confident that I am going somewhere in life and I present myself well and have a broad sense of humor that appeals to many kinds of people young and old.

Girls my age, since high school, have always acted strange around me, inviting me out but never actually talking to me despite my efforts, never tagging me in photos afterward, flirting but never actually going on dates when asked even after saying yes. Just being weird! It feels like we're friends but we're not, because they never actually are much of a friend to me when it comes down to it.

It's making me angry. Then I talk to older women and they're friendly as can be. Joking, laughing. I don't even know. Maybe most people in their late teens, early 20s just aren't very personable. Everyone seems very cliquey and closed off to others, acting like swagged out tools, even girls, when I have always tried to be open to everyone, nice and above all, not someone that I'm not. Again, pardon my harsh tone, it's just a bit of bitterness coming through.

I just wish people could come through for me for ONCE, when I try my best to be open minded and interested in getting to know others. If I'm trying to do my very best, why would girls ignore me? All while going for guys that aren't even trying in life to be something greater, to live to their fullest, to live a healthier life, because I don't even want to get started about how often perfectly attractive, beautiful girls go on to date smokers, drug users, and stoners.

It's just bulls***. I'm not like that and frankly don't want to be like that. Sure I have my own problems (such as this) but I'd love to be recognized, hell, even rewarded for going through life the right way, just ONE time. But it's like people don't even process what I say, how I live, they don't understand it and they don't understand how alone I feel everyday.
2
2