+1 y

Was it good that I left my friend with benefits or should I have just waited?

hey, I've been seeing this guy for a year now, but not regularly. We are two busy med students so we don't have much time for going out. However, I think if we want to we could have made it work, I mean a relationship. We only saw each other 4 times the last year, we met for drinks and then went back to his place, I only gave him bjs, because I wasn't ready for sex. I really like him but I'm not sure if he likes me too. Everything changed when he had sex last Sunday, I wasn't thinkin right and we just did it, it was great but it really confused me. I started having mixed feelings and I felt that I'm getting attached so when he asked me out for Friday, I asked him if it was just about the sex, so he replied no that honestly he enjoys spending time with me and its been over a year so its not just about sex. I texted him again saying that I don't feel comfortable with being friends with benefits, so he said maybe we can take it a step further and meet up and talk. It felt like he really wanted to talk, but when we talked he wasn't admitting any feelings and I was scared to force him into a relation so I just left it like this, we cuddled for the first time he wanted to have sex again but I didn't let him and then he drove me home :(. He kind of said sth about trying to date, but he didn't text me 2 days later, I really got upset because I don't know what happened. So after 2 days, I decided to end everything, I texted him : hey this thing is just not workin for me. I hope we stay frnds. He just texts back hey sure me too. I really feel sad, because I really thought I meant sth to him, why did he answer in such a short message? doesn't he care at all? And why did he offer to take it a step further when he just doesn't care? please I don't know what to think about this guy
1
1