Girls, what advices did your dad and (especially) your mother gave you when it comes to dating/ guys?
Most Helpful Girl
Some advice I've gotten from my parents and a few of my own that I'll pass down to my future kids;
- Watch how a man treats/talks about his family. It's an indicator of how he'll treat you in the future, if you plan to start a family with him.
- Don't judge a man by his success or current status but rather his character. Life has its ups and downs so it's better to regard whether he is ambitious, hardworking, resilient and adaptable which are keys to success. You know that guy will successful in the future.
- A man should respect you at all times, not place you on a pedestal or create an illusion of you which is his ideal. He should see you for you and accept who you are.
- Don't date if you think it will fulfill you. You should be comfortable and confident being single, have your own life and strong values. Let the guy be an addition to your life rather than a necessity.
- Your other half should bring out the best in you.