Calculus problem on rate of change? I can't understand how to solve this problem?

singeress
Opened in the late 1950s, the Central Artery in downtown Boston was designed to move 75,000 vehicles per day. The following graph shows the average speed of traffic flow in miles per hour versus the number of vehicles moved per day. Estimate the rate of change of the average speed of traffic flow when the number of vehicles moved per day is 100,000 and when it is 200,000. (According to our model, there will be permanent gridlock when we reach 300,000 cars per day!)

I tried to calculate the slope of both triangles using rise/run for both T1 and T2.
For T1, I did 7.5/ 50 = 0.15
For T2, I did 15/50 = 0.30

Neither of these answers were correct.

So then, I assumed that maybe it was as simple of seeing where the points laid on the y axis (T1= 60, T2= 40), but that was incorrect also.

How should I have solved this?
0
1