Good Job Experience or Good Salary?

I'm already 26 but i still don't have any job experiences. When i graduated in College, I quickly got hired in a job that's accessible to my house and very related to the course that i finished which is BS Psychology but the salary is below minimum wage. There's another job offer that's quite far from our house but the salary is higher and it's not related to my course. I need to pay for the bills in our house alone because my sister can't find a job. So which one should I choose? Good job experience or a good salary?

1116

Most Helpful Guy

• I go for experience because it will lead to money later. I recently just left my job for a job at a start up. it pays a lot less but room for growth is there were at my old company it really isn't. somebody has to die, get fired and even then I hope that they don't bring in somebody else to replace them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Salary. You're still going to get experience - while earning a living. It may not be what you're qualified in, but it's experience all the same

What Guys Said 15

• I always picked experience over pay. It paid off in the long run. Experience is a form of continuing education. Quality of experience is usually better than quantity (within reason).

I don't know about psychology, but in general employers tend to look for specific experience. Fresh out of college that's not going to be true. But once you get a few years under your belt they'll look for relevant experience. Some job ads specifically say "relevant" job experience. But they all want it.

Keep your eyes and ears open. Try to discover what's in demand and how many people qualify.

• https://i.imgur.com/CMPWnl8.png

Just become a cam girl then you won't have to worry about either

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

• if you have a Bachelors in psychology and someone is offering you a job that pays below minimum wage it's time to move on and maybe call the labor union because it's illegal also stop looking for a job and find a career

• She's in the Philippines. Different set of rules. Unreliable enforcement of existing rules.

• good salary unless your sister gets a job as need something to pay for everything

• It's hard for her to get a job because she's too picky and wants something related to her course with higher salary. So it means I should adjust for her?

• If only she had a job, I wouldn't mind low salary as long as I'm happy. But yeah, she's lazy so I'm the one to suffer.

• exactly you really shouldn't be the one that has to ruin yourself for someone being lazy and selfish as you're doing your part :) still i would say get a job or get out haha

• 1. good salary.
    2. Don't assume your sisters obligations and don't support her.
    3. Those are not your ONLY two choices. Why do women do this? [shrug]
    4. Be willing to relocate.
    5. Network, network, network

:)

• What do you hope to be doing in the future?

When you talk about 'good experience' do you mean a work you find interesting, or one that builds to what you want to do in the future?

• Good experience that will be helpful to my future endeavor that is related to the degree that i finished

• What do you mean below minimum wage? Minimum wage is exactly that - the minimum legal amount. How can you get paid less than that?

• its hard u need experience to get job with good wage hang in with experience for it to pay off

• It's so hard for me to decide coz it's like "stomach or heart?".

• She's too picky. She doesn't want a job with low salary and afraid to try new experiences

• can't be that picky, its selfish reliyin on u to bring in money for food

• If one job doesn't pay enough to live off then you really don't have a choice, now do you? Then again, it's not fair you should take a job you don't like to pay the bills for someone who sits around waiting for a job they really like.

• Really hard to give you suggestion.
    But I think job is stably that is important.
    Shitty superior can take you to the hell.

• Offer yourself at a higher salary to the one that you think is related, and if they don't increase their offer then go for the higher salary one.

• if you want to do anything remotely relevant in psychology as a career, you need a phd.

• Not yet, it's a long journey before i get there. Gotta get my MA first

• beta stick to your stream based job.. cz that will help u later on.. if u choose money now you are screwing it up... work over dr for 6+ months and find another company in the same stream

• Good Job over a Good Salary... otherwise, you may as well be an escort.

• Thank you for that answer. I might get the good job probably.

• then you you probably shouldn't go after it. keep a job you like-or, possible get fired because you just can't put your best effort into it.

• you're right about that.

• Money, i guess we are slaved to get money these days...

What Girls Said 10

• For your specific situation I would pick salary. But what kind of job do you have where you get paid less than minimum wage legally?

• I'm a teacher of children with special needs in small school. Like autism, down syndrome, etc.

• Oh ok. I'm a high school teacher and I was trying to think what instances could teachers be paid under minimum wage lol

• Ohh hi ma'am! 😊 actually teaching children with special needs here is above expected salary since they are not normal kids but it still depends on the area and how big is the school 😊

• You shouldn't be payed below minimum wage. Especially if you're not solely providing for yourself. Talk to Labor Unions and get that higher paying job.

• Good job experience definitely... You may not get paid as much at first, but you can really have a good ground for a good career later on :) So eventually you will ripe the benefits from struggling a bit at first. Good luck :)

• Thank you. I guess I really need to take it step by step.

• Yes definitely :) Building a good base is more important than the money at first... once you have the base, you will be a lot more employable and, as already mentioned, will get much better salary for a better career. :)

• I'd go for the better pay.

• The thing with a BS Psychology is that it is highly relevant to most jobs. I remember being told at our graduation to not expect things to go according to plan. Some people end up in sales or even in communications with a Psych degree. I say take what you can, the better paying job might even give you a new way of looking at yourself.

• How long have you been working at your current job? Good, well paying jobs are hard to find if you only have a bachelor's in psychology and you have bills to pay. Sometimes you have to be flexible.

• We need money for bills sadly and that takes us away from what we would like to do at times. I think the most important would be the benefits package. Health insurance is very costly.

• what's good about my job now is that it has complete benefits. Health, housing, etc.

• In the long run that could be worth more than salary.

• Good Salary.

• Well, then you should go for a job experience. You should choose between your well-being in present or in future. I would invest my resources for future.
      Good Luck

• Thank you. 😉

• If your main concern is paying bills gotta follow the almighty dollar. It sucks but that light bill won't pay itself

• I want good salary