Tips for Junior year of high school?

110

Most Helpful Guy

• Start looking at what colleges you wanna go to & make a list of what's acquired for them. Maybe like try taking a college class or two, get a head start. If possible, get a job; books in college ain't cheap. Some of the cheapest uesed books in college cost round $200; so definitely save money or if you know someone in college, ask them if you can have their books when the year is over to help save you money. Join whatever clubs the school offers, you have a better chance of being accepted to more colleges. Definitely keep your grades really good cause you get good grants or scholarships that'll help you pay for college & anything else that's required for college. Go on college tours so you can get a good idea of what you'll expect & the atmosphere. If the college you wanna go to is local, buy a cheap but reliable car. The sooner you prepare for college, the easier it will be for you come your first year of college. And don't worry about missing whatever parties your firends throw or whatever; parties in college are on a completely different level than high school parties. But overall, just do good your junior & senior year but also really get prepared for college.

• wow. starting second term now and haven't even thought about college. thanks for reminding me

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going into my senior year. Junior year was kind of hard. All those tests really bend you over and went in dry. I did fine. I also had a lot of fun too. Just keep your grades up and study for those hard tests. Colleges really look at your Junior year apparently from what school counselors say.

What Guys Said 9

• I just passed my Jr. year and man I can say it was the toughest year I have had so far. At the same time, it is as hard as you make it.

Tips:
    Time management

Stay on top of your work

Relax and manage your stress levels appropriately, I have realized, there is truly nothing to worry about. Just work and it will work out!

Enjoy everything, I am going to be a senior and its hitting me everyday, like this time next year I will be in college! That is just crazy! I remember being 6 and thinking I would never grow up, and now I am here. Wish I took it all in a bit slower... You can do the same, even if its just one year over mine, enjoy it.

• definetly recommend the timetable. I would have saved a lot of stress by not procrastinating so much and improvising.

• @pinkidestroyer Same here, stress is self caused quite often and a lot of the time there is no reason to worry at all.

• for the love of god don't chill out. my junior year I acted like nothings changed regarding homework and all that. but I barely made it through in sociology. give it all you've got from the start. but a calendar and write down every single assignment and when it should be done. if you do a tech line like I chose do maths at least 40 mins a day. I'm starting my second year now and I'm determined to do my best at all times at all costs

• excellent question. Make sure to work as hard as you can in school. you've probably heard people tell you that you can be anything you want, and maybe that seems like a stretch. I've found that it's completely true. choose a career that you will be happy doing AND can make a good living in. and don't let boys or parties or anything else you'll encounter in college keep you from doing your absolute best

• I should be taking notes on this topic too but the most common I've heard is that junior year is the hardest year. Lets stay on our A game

• Sat sucks dick

• don't do drugs

• Have fun. dont stress it. schools overrated

• Good Luck

• Running Start, if your school has it

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!