What is your primary occupational and personal goal? Also, extra/bonus goals but significant?

For me, my occupational goal is to become a law enforcement officer and then work different specialities within law enforcement as a get older and progress. My personal goal is to marry, have children, and to ultimately raise a healthy family. Other extra but significant goals would be to buy a nice home with a good amount of land or space for my family, possibly get a doctorate degree in my field, and visit other countries across the world.

2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yayyy!! Finally! You invited me to a question that doesn't focus on evolutionary biology 👏 Here you go, a virtual gift 🎁 (shhh it's textbooks on evolutionary biology 📚)

I look forward to obtaining a certificate that will allow me to work as an oncology certified nurse at the current hospital I'm working at. Looking to take the certification test early next year as I'm doing part time continuing studies as of the moment.

Personal life goals are, to be able to support my dad and buy him a condo as he heads into retirement. To marry a good husband with a good family and raise a family with him. To enjoy a happy, healthy life in being grateful for all it has to offer. To gain courage in traveling to Korean and tracking my mum's family so I can learn more about my roots.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately I don't really have any occupational goals. And at my age that's a bad spot to be in, because if I don't actively change my situation the default setting is "whatever I end up doing whether I enjoy it or not".

As for personal goals, I also want to marry, have kids and raise a healthy family. I want to live a life that bears witness to my God and keeps my family safe. A life that can be a good influence on those around me.

As for things that would be nice but are rather extra, that'd be a house, an opportunity to travel, and maintaining a connection with my close friends. I've seen so many people drift apart over the years and seen friendships crumble, and I want to avoid that. I know everyone says that, but I really do want that, even if it's just one of them. There are meaningful connections to people that can never be found in someone that didn't grow up with you, and I don't want to lose that.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• Definitely engineering and flying. I'm in a university ROTC program that provides both... and I love it! My parents and grandparents have great relationships with their spouses and I would love one day to have a husband that I can relate to like they have... with great communication, intelligence, patience, and lots of affection and humor.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wanna be a recording artist. That's both my primary occupational and personal goal.

It would be great to have a loving husband some day who will support my dream or even join me in the music industry.

After a couple years of living my dream I would like to have kids.
    I would also love to have a dog some day.

0|1
    0|0
  • I want to become a litigator, a trial lawyer. I also want to get married and have two children, a girl and a boy or two girls. I would love to buy a country house in the English Lake Country.

0|2
    0|0
  • primary occupational goal is to finish my studies i. e get a doctorate in astrophysics.
    my personal goal is to settle down with my sisters either in England or America and get a nice home. Have a nice car.
    Extra but significant goals:
    1. write a book
    2. Adopt 2 children
    2. help the poor
    4. participate in a figure skating competition
    and last visit Greece and Peru (although i want to visit other countries these two are my priorities)

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess graduate, get a job. Maybe establish some emotional stability.

0|2
    0|0
  • My occupational goal is to become a fashion designer since I am really talented in that field. Wanted once to do architecture but I dont see myself in it anymore so yeah
    I wanna start from zero in the fashion industry

0|0
    0|0
  • Graduate, get a job, open my own practice some day.

0|2
    0|0
  • I want to finish my articleship in account, complete my MBA and if god willing partner up with a few accounts and start a firm.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not practical, but I'd like to be an author.
    I wish I had a scientific mind because I'd love to be a criminologist or something if I were capable of fulfilling the duties.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be a surgeon.
    And if possible, i also wanna write a book.

1|1
    0|0
  • I want to get a master's degree in computer science ^^ And live my extra life 👌

0|1
    0|0
  • Get a house and out of debt.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• My occupational goal is to be an actor, first stage actor, then maybe get into film/television and win some type of awards.. Ultimately, get a Golden Globe, or Oscar.. :D.. My personal goal is to also get married, and have a family.. Other extra goals are to travel the world with my girl, maybe finish school and get a masters in arts/acting/theater, get into some martial arts and master it, learn how to use a gun, or some guns, skydive, ride many roller coasters, etc..

0|0
    0|0
  • I've pretty much met all of my career goals so far. I guess my next one is to just move up the ranks at my current company. I may become an adjunct professor at the university my wife works at, in addition.

Personally, my next goal is to buy a hunting lodge in Alaska. No joke.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would like an apartment in the city, as well as a Dacha with some land.

Nice green cut grass which I do myself
    + An big enough area to use a trench digger — I really like watching them work

At least 3 children , perhaps homeschooling for at least some years

0|1
    0|0
  • Earn more money than I'm earning now, doing the same thing I'm doing now.
    Ideally earn enough from recurring revenue that I wouldn't have to work much or at all. (which would be unlikely, but possible)

I want to build a house, plant some willow trees, start working on my moss garden and live a life of leisure.
    I have no interest in getting married or having children, but if I somehow end up with someone who likes outdooring and nature I might decide to travel the world in an RV, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just want to make a living by creating, making stuff. Learning more about tailoring, wood carving, blacksmithing etc... Buying a small workshop and/or founding a game dev studio.

1|0
    0|0
  • Occupation goal- Play sports and travel the world
    Personal goal- get married to some white Chick and have kids
    Bonus- own a house, be rich, feed the poor and provide opportunities for people

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be able to give my parents the ability to be totally free financially so that they can spend the rest of their lives not working but doing everything they ever wanted.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hum..
    Recall it
    What all I do for supporting me to play beautiful music.
    I am still recovering the goal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be an astronaut and the first person to walk on Jupiter

0|3
    0|0
  • Eventually, I will be a manager at my work. I already have four positions there so, it is only a matter of time if this keeps up. My personal goals are to travel around the world some day and to write a series of sci-fi and fantasy novels. I gave up my dream of having a family as I have spent a long enough time looking with no results. I am a very goal oriented person and I have tried to change that for love but I could not. I am not closed off from the idea of love but it is unrealistic for me to dream when there is a very low possibility. I understand that I am being a hypocrite for telling others that they will most likely find love but not believing that I would but I don't care.

0|1
    0|0
  • Make a living doing contract work. There's lots of fun to be had in the middle east.

0|0
    0|0
  • President of the US. I probably woukdnt be good at it but I can't do worse tgan Trump

0|1
    0|0
  • Become a police officer

0|0
    0|0
  • Family, marriage that is my main goal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tactical EMT.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes