What is your primary occupational and personal goal? Also, extra/bonus goals but significant?

For me, my occupational goal is to become a law enforcement officer and then work different specialities within law enforcement as a get older and progress. My personal goal is to marry, have children, and to ultimately raise a healthy family. Other extra but significant goals would be to buy a nice home with a good amount of land or space for my family, possibly get a doctorate degree in my field, and visit other countries across the world.

1317

Most Helpful Girl

• Yayyy!! Finally! You invited me to a question that doesn't focus on evolutionary biology 👏 Here you go, a virtual gift 🎁 (shhh it's textbooks on evolutionary biology 📚)

I look forward to obtaining a certificate that will allow me to work as an oncology certified nurse at the current hospital I'm working at. Looking to take the certification test early next year as I'm doing part time continuing studies as of the moment.

Personal life goals are, to be able to support my dad and buy him a condo as he heads into retirement. To marry a good husband with a good family and raise a family with him. To enjoy a happy, healthy life in being grateful for all it has to offer. To gain courage in traveling to Korean and tracking my mum's family so I can learn more about my roots.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfortunately I don't really have any occupational goals. And at my age that's a bad spot to be in, because if I don't actively change my situation the default setting is "whatever I end up doing whether I enjoy it or not".

As for personal goals, I also want to marry, have kids and raise a healthy family. I want to live a life that bears witness to my God and keeps my family safe. A life that can be a good influence on those around me.

As for things that would be nice but are rather extra, that'd be a house, an opportunity to travel, and maintaining a connection with my close friends. I've seen so many people drift apart over the years and seen friendships crumble, and I want to avoid that. I know everyone says that, but I really do want that, even if it's just one of them. There are meaningful connections to people that can never be found in someone that didn't grow up with you, and I don't want to lose that.