Why are people so rude to retail employees?

I’m a cashier and today an old man came for a lot of stuff and at the end he had a bottle of wine, and when I asked for his ID (which is our policy, we can get fired, fined and never get hired in a place that sells alcohol again) and he ignored me at first, when I asked again he asked if I was serious, I tell him that it’s our policy and I can get fired he literally says “you should be fired for stupidity”
Honestly, was that fucking needed. It got me so mad tbh.

426

Most Helpful Guy

• they can't run their mouth at home to their wife, or to their spoil, disrespectful children. So they take it out on you because you have to be nice to them. They do it to you because you are the only person that if they vent on, nothing bad will come back to them.

Secondly, he isn't mad at you but at the stupid rules, because back when he was younger they never had half of the rules that they have now. But every year they make life a little more harder by add more rules. More rules that stop you from doing things simple like you could in the past. So we are all punish for the actions of the few.

• Ironically. His wife got mad at him for what he said.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most places only card if the customer looks under thirty.