Is studying abroad a good idea?

I want to study medicine abroad, like in Europe. Spain is my favorite one, germany comes second. (I kind of know how to speak spanish). Everyone says it's a bad idea because I'll miss my family and it will be hard and blabla, so I'm not sure anymore. Also, in Canada, we have one of the highest needed GPA to get in medical school.

The max is 40, and they barely accept 34. Even if you get accepted with a 34, you need to ACE the interview.

I want to learn Spanish fully, i want to travel and i certainly want to move away from where I live (canada). (it's too cold and no sun. No sun gets me depressed. My province has the highest level of depression.) Anyway!
Thoughts?

(picture is spain) Is studying abroad a good idea??Is studying abroad a good idea??
  • Stay in Canada.
  • Study abroad!
  • Other
    Vote C

1427

Most Helpful Guy

• You will be a better/strong person, can make lots of new friends. you will get to know who you are. If I'm you Spain will be in the bottom of the list. Its economy is shit and unemployment is insane choose colleges carefully if you want to study in Spain. Germany is great place I been there but end up moving to france anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• Study Abroad!! Some graduate students I know that studied abroad all said they had fun and the educational experience was worth it. We recently had a study abroad interest event, and the best thing I can tell you is view all of your study abroad programs and location options first. Some colleges may offer what you want to study abroad for and some don’t, and one program may offer more than the other. Also, be mindful of if financial aid will transfer with you when you study abroad. Best of luck to ya 😊