How do you deal with fake coworkers?

I got hired as a medical assistant. The person training me gets irritated when I don’t know how to do something or simply ask a question. She clearly doesn’t like to train so I don’t know why she’s doing it. I just got hired last month & hires start off with a 3 month probation period where u have to learn the basics. If the trainer doesn’t clear u saying u can do everything they fire you. I also found out she was telling other people I am slow & she doesn’t know who else trained me because I’m so slow. This really made me sad & lowered my self esteem. I am a really hard worker & extremely motivated to give my 110% I just don’t know why she treats me like this. She smiles at me when she sees me. This is a field I really want to stay in & she’s giving me so much anxiety. What’s should I do?
Also I’m the youngest person in the whole department working there and I also feel that’s why she thinks I’m not capable. 😒

2940

Most Helpful Girl

• She doesn't have a choice to train you. Nobody who trained me in my job had the choice, and two of them were terrible at it. (Only one made me feel bad though and that wasn't even deliberate)

Just tell your boss. Simple as that. If its not resolved, tell HR. Speak up otherwise itll continue.

• Also if you want to stay in the medical field you have to realise its full of bitches and if you can't handle that... Find a new career. I work in a hospital, trust me. If you can't handle a bit of backstabbing you aren't going to last. Find the women who will have your back, and sweet talk the ones who dont. Never act out against them, your reputation is your shield. If you're a hard worker, then be a hard worker. It will be noticed.

It will be especially noticed if you start losing your footing, if you do that before you're established amongst your coworkers, thats it. No shield.

Do your best, follow directions, use your initiative, if you fuck up, own it. Dont wimp out, dont claim you can't do it. If you need to cry then do. But get back up when you're done and finish the job.
      This is the kind of shit people notice, and will bring up when the time comes.

And if you get called in, cancel your plans and go to work. Be a better, more reliable worker than the bitches talking you down.

• Sorry for the late reply and only 2 and a half months, hbu?

• Round about 7 months.