How do you deal with fake coworkers?

I got hired as a medical assistant. The person training me gets irritated when I don’t know how to do something or simply ask a question. She clearly doesn’t like to train so I don’t know why she’s doing it. I just got hired last month & hires start off with a 3 month probation period where u have to learn the basics. If the trainer doesn’t clear u saying u can do everything they fire you. I also found out she was telling other people I am slow & she doesn’t know who else trained me because I’m so slow. This really made me sad & lowered my self esteem. I am a really hard worker & extremely motivated to give my 110% I just don’t know why she treats me like this. She smiles at me when she sees me. This is a field I really want to stay in & she’s giving me so much anxiety. What’s should I do?

Also I’m the youngest person in the whole department working there and I also feel that’s why she thinks I’m not capable. 😒

2940

Most Helpful Girl

• She doesn't have a choice to train you. Nobody who trained me in my job had the choice, and two of them were terrible at it. (Only one made me feel bad though and that wasn't even deliberate)

Just tell your boss. Simple as that. If its not resolved, tell HR. Speak up otherwise itll continue.

• Also if you want to stay in the medical field you have to realise its full of bitches and if you can't handle that... Find a new career. I work in a hospital, trust me. If you can't handle a bit of backstabbing you aren't going to last. Find the women who will have your back, and sweet talk the ones who dont. Never act out against them, your reputation is your shield. If you're a hard worker, then be a hard worker. It will be noticed.

It will be especially noticed if you start losing your footing, if you do that before you're established amongst your coworkers, thats it. No shield.

Do your best, follow directions, use your initiative, if you fuck up, own it. Dont wimp out, dont claim you can't do it. If you need to cry then do. But get back up when you're done and finish the job.
      This is the kind of shit people notice, and will bring up when the time comes.

And if you get called in, cancel your plans and go to work. Be a better, more reliable worker than the bitches talking you down.

• Sorry for the late reply and only 2 and a half months, hbu?

• Round about 7 months.

What Guys Said 40

• She doesn't want to train you, but I bet someone is telling her that she has to. She may be complaining because she's still having to do her job and now, also train someone. Put yourself in her shoes... imagine the reasoning that could have you complaining about someone being slow.

I'm not saying to be empathetic as in to sympathize, but more so to understand. Try to drop your emotional response to her behavior and just analyze her reasons, her emotional ties to those reasons and then focus on ways to come up with solutions to her issues.

See that's what we do for our boss, we solve their problems, we help, we're worth having around. Technically she's your direct boss at the moment. It will be best to learn how to work with this type of boss because there will, I promise you, be more like her throughout the work force.

• You gotta address it with your straight up or you have to bounce, because this is going to turn your dream in to a nightmare. Tell her you're trying your best and you really want to enjoy being there. Tell her you want to get along with her and learn the job and learn to do it right. If that fails, you have to get out of there or you're going to be resentful towards your career field

• Keep your head down and work hard. Learn things in your off time she wouldn't expect you to know. Surprise her with your knowledge, but do not boast about it. Use these months as guidance on your job but also to learn the kind of person you dont want to be when you are in her position. Learn from her, she is a trainer after all, and Im sure she has a wealth of knowledge. Do not apologize for not knowing something. You are new. You cannot be expected to know everything. Just dont use that as an excuse to people. After you are through her training period and you are free of her watchful eyes, continue to learn and get better at what you do. The best way to show someone up, especially a teacher or trainer, is to one day be better than them. you'll do great!

• You're dealing with a evil person. Ignore her B. S. and Just focus really hard and do your best.

Let God return her wickdness back upon her head.

• That's a really shitty feeling, I can tell you hand on heart that I've had that myself (not in the medical field!) but in IT. I'm now a Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider, and a member of the Chartered Institute for IT in the UK. It's true that some people are brighter than others, and don't have to work as hard, but in my experience, have been taught and having taught, that is VERY rare, and IMHO the saying 'There's no such thing as a bad pupil, only a bad teacher'. If she is not able to break down what she's trying to teach you into manageable chunks that you can write down for reference, try asking her if you can record her when she's teaching you something. Stress to her that it's because you want to concentrate on looking and listening at what she's trying to teach you, not on looking at the bit of paper you're writing notes on. That'll do two things, it'll put her on notice that what she says is being recorded, so it can be played back (to HR if necessary) and I'll bet you a pound to a penny she'll improve her teaching methods, and I would report her to HR. This is the field you want to work in, you have to hammer your flag into the ground and stand and fight for the right to work there. Just have a confidential conversation with HR, recording 'notes' on cellphones or dictaphones is now standard practice, as you can listen to the recording again and again without bothering her. If they mention 'confidentiality' then tell her not to mention the person/patients name. Use 'Mr X' or 'Ms Y' - if she's such a good teacher, surely she'll be able to do that without fucking up... ;) Good luck to you, and I sincerely mean that, having been in your position. Knock 'em dead!!

• It's probably best if you talk to somebody higher up and explain the situation. This trainer isn't really doing herself or the company any favors by not helping you. Everybody needs everybody to make it work, and hopefully your higher-up person understands this concept.

• Just remember this, most people who have to train don't have a choice in it

They also compare you to them so if you aren't as fast at them then you are slow

Just keep trying and also break the ice a little, everyone loves to talk just find common interest because it will change their option about training you

• I get treated the same way at my job. Every time I ask for further guidance on how to do something, my co-workers get so irritated with me as well. It fucking annoys me.

However, I started to look at my job this way; I'm here to make money, not to make friends or enemies. So basically, my weapon against them is proving to them that I am more than capable of doing the job, no matter how little appreciation I get from them.

• I would try and have a little chat with her about it, but you have to be extremely careful as it sounds like she already has issues.
    Next step is to have a chat with your HR person. Let them know early what is going on, it’s too late to bring forward an issue once you’ve been let go.
    All the best and good luck.

• Ask her boss is it possible to be trained by a different person. Don't speak to her about it she will like you less for it. I've been in a similar situation. And i thought by doing my job and doing it good this guy would get off my back. WRONG!! They will make it their mission to get you out of the company. Rather seek advice from someone that doesn't like the person that's giving you shit (not just anyone, someone that's equal or above the person that's giving you shit) And tell them about your passion for your job and how you love it. But don't gossip just tell the other person how your trainer is treating you and making you feel.

• People hate their jobs. This is just how it works. So many are grumpy a-holes when they do it. Just ignore it if you can, there is no point in dwelling on this, it won't get you anywhere. People are just people, all we can do is try to somehow get along.

• Just go to her with two cup of coffee, and accept that you can't get these these things with smilr on your face.
    Make her your friend first.
    Make her believe you like her and be someone she would like to talk with.
    I know its her fault to be arrogant and fake, but see she is your senior and you will have to do this for survival.
    I m not asking you to he her slave but just make her believe that you like her and you feel comfortable to talk to her about your weaknesses.
    She will feel dominating and would get nice to you as you accepted your weaknesses and then her nature would definitely change

• For three months you have to keep that attitude "boss is always right", once you are confirmed take revenge, this attitude applies if there is no proper management system and she is the one and only responsible for your career advancement. If your company has positive culture where complaints made by employees are being herd and acted upon then its better to file a complaint against her or speak to her reporting manager or HR.

• You know sometimes people die because of Random accidents ;)

• Wait, so there are people at your workplace PRETENDING to be employees? Why doesn't your boss just kick them out?

• Kill her with kindness and spend time at home researching your position and go in every day more educated. Google has your back! Become more knowledgeable than her then flash her a big fake ass smile down the road when you become her boss.

• Keep doing your best and try to not let her bad behaviour destroy your motivation, keep in mind there are always people like that in every field (job, school etc..) good luck

• I would talk to your manager/supervisor and and trainer when together and say I'm in 1 month let me know how I'm doing so I can improve these areas I wanna be a part of this and and grow as a team
    It will Put her on notice and your manager will how determine you are had the same situation 14 years when started did that and when slow ask trainer what can you do if not tell manager what can you do. do that month 2 and 3

• I've been in a situation like this before, if you can I would try going and speaking with a higher up. If this is not possible I would invite your current trainer out to dinner, or a night out, something where you guys talk a lot and straight out ask her about it.

• Tell her that you'd have it all down already if you didn't have a trainer that doesn't know how to train.

• Some people who are lower are afraid to train people because they are very afraid that you maybe replacing them.

• Can you talk to her about this? If not, talk to her boss. It's your career she's messing with.

• Human resources file a claim or talk your boss

• You do your work

• Learn what you can if you have question she can't or won't answer go above her

• I confront them and set shit straight.

• Ignore

• Do your work and try to have less contact with them id say

• I've started distancing myself from fake co workers

• get them fired

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 28

• I am a nurse assistant and was temporarily out on the orthopedic floor. The girl precepting me on ortho made me feel bad for asking a question. She complained to other people behind my back that I was slow, that she wonders how I survive on my home floor because it is a tough floor, and that she was surprised that I had previous work experience at a nursing home. At the end of my first day on ortho, she referred to another girl who was basically born to orientate people. Thank god she referred to someone else. She made my self confidence crappy and I just wanted to go back to my home floor. My new preceptor put her in her place and stood up for me. I think you should do the same or at least talk to a manager. Dont feel too bad. This is something new for you and you are out of your element, so of course you are going to be slow. I would wait it out for a little longer and if you still dont like it, switch to another unit. Or you can come over to the dark side because the night shift always needs people and 90% of the time, we are cooler than day shift.

• Went through the same thing, women sabotaged me because they felt threatened. I always conquered them by outdoing them and still got fired once because men also are terrified of hardworking women, so they listen to the weak ones who bully you. The rest of the jobs I've walked off of because of constant sabotage. I gave up and became a whore.

My advise is being a bitch to her after you get the job, do it behind closed door and act nice to her I front of others. Really had I done that I'd be working in corporate. The make bosses know these things and do nothing about it, they hired those whores to hold other women back. Kisses baby, good luck.

• Fake it till you make it. I wouldn't want to get fired so I would fake liking her and make her feel smart. Compliment her so when you mess up she won't mind. OR talk to her in private about you over hearing her. Tell her you are trying and ask her if she can be patient with you

• You will always encounter the likes of these people everywhere you go. Especially when you are new entry level. What you can do, is ignore and block out the negativity and focus on bettering yourself in learning the job. This way, they cannot say anything against you and let your stellar performance speak for itself. I have been through this myself. It sucks but it's part of this dog eat dog world called work. lol

• Can you talk to HER supervisor? Nothing nasty, just say that you really want to learn but you don't know how to handle your trainer's attitude.

• Tell your supervisor.

• I ignore them lol I’m nice at work but none of this lets hang out after work stuff for me lol

• Speak to her about it. If she dodges it or gets worse or etc, go to your guy’s superior. If the superior isn’t the type to listen to office drama, ignore her and continue doing your best.

• Talk to your boss about this issue.

• Just ignore it. Don't feed a troll.

• Just ignore them as much as you can. But also show the best of you and if needed report they incompetence to whoever you need to

• Talk to your boss about this or someone of authority. Say you don’t feel comfortable working with them.
    Don’t be rude back just smile and nod your head. Karma will get em

• Honestly I would confront her. You deserve this position- you've worked for it, have a positive attitude about it, and you are going to do great! Tell her that you've noticed the way she's been treating you and you are qualified and hardworking and if she still doesn't stop report her to your boss! In a nice way of course but this at least allows your boss to know the situation.

• This person will get you fired, honestly. You need to confront her and stand up for yourself.

• Try flattering her and self-depreciate.

• Let’s Just Say I’d be out of a job.

• Definitely tell someone about how you feel. A manager or team leader. Also explain to her that she needs to be patient with you. Rome wasn't built in a day. These things take time !

• I don’t have any coworkers

• I had a co worker like that I chewed her out. told her to find a new job. she been nice ever since

• I don't like fake people just be real

• tell you boss

• Try not to let her bring you down. Pay attention and just do your best. It's normal to ask questions in the beginning.. she just sounds like a bitch

• She sounds passive aggressive. Is there anyone you can talk to about this?

• Talk to your boss and ignore them

• If you don't feel you're slow is there anyone else besides her you can discuss this with? If you feel she may have a point then prove that moherf***** wrong! We all have to start somewhere so don't let it beat you down too much, just stick to your stubborn will and rise to the challenge and try not to take it too personally, and if you feel it's genuinely unfair then perhaps try challenging it in a diplomatic way, ask for constructive feedback and share your thoughts on it too. Maybe she's not the best mentor either as a good trainer brings out the best in their student, she's clearly not doing a very good job herself right now.

• Ignoreee

• Ignore them. Talk to someone else

• Try to get good to know her and create good feelings with her, maybe not on work place which may seem unprofessional, you can invite her for coffee or meal and discuss matters in a relaxed way

• It's a polite trick to make her assume a more mild behavior towards you through off work relationship, otherwise:
      She won't change (even of you treat her bad)
      She will sabotage you
      You may then not get the job (not surprising)

Good luck xoxo