I did tests to see what I could do at school and my maths is at the level of a 7 year old wtf do I do?

322

Most Helpful Guy

• If you want to get better, an educational psychologist is the one to ask.

Says you're 17 so you may or may not be done with your GCSEs.

If you're not done with them, its a bit late to find out now isn't it? Why would you find out so late? That doesn't even make sense.

But if you're not done with them and you want to do well in your exams, this is what you do: go to Edexcel or whichever examining board does your final maths exam, and order many of their final exam papers for last year and the one before, etc.

Thats what I did, and I went from a D grade (Im not good in exams but was good in maths) to the highest possible grade in my set (by just focussing on practicing maths papers and working through the methods they need). You order these past papers - real ones that theyve printed for the last few yeargroups finals, but werent used. Then work through them, in one go, to closest replicate the exam conditions.

It won't solve your maths issues dramatically - for that you need to dedicate your focus and practice, and seek guidance from the right knowledgable people - but it Will majorly help you to get better marks in your final exams.

If more kids knew this, it would cause a meltdown and no-one would bother to do anything but these past exam papers. you're welcome...

• I have hardly been to school since I was eleven this is my gcse year but I haven't been entered for most exam but I have some equivalent stuff