Any TEFL/TESOL teachers here?

Can you share your experience taking the course and teaching? Which country did you taught at? What kind of lessons did you give? How proficient in English do you have to be? I'm thinking of taking the TEFL course and teaching somewhere in Asia. Is it a good experience?

03

Most Helpful Guy

• I taught in Thailand. You asked how proficient in English do you have to be.
    VERY! If you want to teach in a public school, then you'll need to have a teaching degree, and preferably a Master's.
    I taught in a private language school, and I only needed the TEFL.

But they don't want fluent speakers, they want native speakers. You're 20 years old, so you've been learning your native language for 20 years.

• I see. I live in Singapore though, which means I speak English and my mother tongue. Does the TEFL course test your proficiency? Also, do you mind sharing your experience teaching as a TEFL teacher?

• Alright I'll do some research on it first. Thank you so much for helping me! You're a big help!

• One more thing to tell you. I was in Thailand for 1.5 years, and I was there on a student Visa. I was only a student for 6 weeks. How is this possible?
      www.fotothing.com/.../...47071e3a1fbb4de34cab9.jpg
      A representative for the school I worked for, arranged for me to bribe a lady at the embassy. We drove to the embassy, and we marched to the head of the line. I handed the lady my passport, and the brown envelope with the money in it. She discretely put the envelope in her desk drawer. She then told me to come back the next day. I went back the next day, and she handed me my passport, with my fancy student Visa in it.
      That's how things work in Thailand. Everyone there, knows this. :)
      Good luck.