Do you ever find yourself afraid of the future/unknown? Do you get anxiety over thinking about the future?

Like say someone asks you “so what are you going to do when you are done with college?” Or anything related to the future... does it ever just stress you out?

What do you do to help keep yourself positive?

Do you ever find yourself afraid of the future/unknown? Do you get anxiety over thinking about the future?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Sometimes
    Vote C
  • All the time
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, I used to be that way when I was younger. I used to feel lost at times because I would harp on the past way too much and I would stress about my future for no reason. I have learned to change my way of thinking to focus more on the present and it has helped me tremendously. The past is the past and nothing can be done to change it and stressing about the future is unnecessary because you can't control what happens. Thinking about it is wasted energy in my opinion. Your best best is to focus on the present and being in the moment.

2|0
    0|0
  • I used to worry so much about that when I graduated college. You gotta stop having a mental image of how life is supposed to turn out cuz all that’s gonna do is bring u dissapointment. Work hard, be frugal, have fun and just learn to be adaptable. I graduated with a degree in finance but I run a farm now 😂 u never know where life will take u

2|0
    0|0
    • That is actually pretty cool.

• Well thanks 🙂
      I really enjoy staying active and being in the fresh air for work couldn’t rot away in an office ya know?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel the same way. Sometimes I contemplate life and wonder where am I going to go or what my future is going to bring. But I think the best way to stop thinking like that is by changing the mindset to, “whatever happens, I’ll let it happen. There’s no point of worrying over something that we aren’t certain of”

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Yes. I think that is pretty common. The trick is to limit how much you think about it. If you think about it too much, you can give yourself anxiety. Sometimes you just have to let thoughts go. And focus on what is going on around you.

2|0
    0|0
  • In a country like my mine I sure do all the time lol , but I plan ahead I don't stress about it ( at least most of the time ) because it makes me unhappy and tbh it's a shit ton of wasted energy and I keep reading stories about people who defeated mandatory circumstances, and after all even if what you fear most happened at the end it's just gonna make you stronger

2|0
    0|0
  • Nah. Life is beautiful. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. All you can control is your own self and mental state.

2|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes. I rather stay more on the present. With the future I only assume. Trust me, you never know.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. I’m more afraid of death, and where we will go afterwards to be a more scary prospect instead.

2|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes yes especially thinking about death and me possibly making mistakes and losing people

2|0
    0|0
  • Nearly all of my fears haven't come to pass.

That puts things in perspective for me.

2|0
    0|0
  • Frankly, no. Not at all. What happens happens. We can only do our best.

2|0
    0|0
  • No I look forward to the future its the present that makes me feel that way

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup it happens

2|0
    0|0
  • All the time. I can't stop the thoughts. They just invade my soul.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Just don't think that much about it
    I personally just tell myself everything is going to work out, I don't know how but it will and then I enjoy my life in the now and focus on what matters now

2|0
    0|0
  • Just go with the flow. Focus on each day as it comes and try not to think about the future as much because sometimes, what you worry about might never happen and what is the point in spending countless hours worrying about things that may never even happen? it's pointless. I do worry about the same things, though, but I am taking this own advice into account for myself :P so I am struggling a little myself, but I'll get there eventually.

Just don't wait for oppurtunities. Go and get them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes yeah

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sometimes

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes