Do you think being a pilot is a good job?

A pilot of an airplane.Do you think being a pilot is a good job?
  • Yes.
  • No.

812

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what you want to do with your life. Pilots get more opportunities to travel however they will be away from their family a lot

• Technically pilots works less than the average person and have more free weeks at home than most other people and for my country the law's on your side with this and they literally need you to have at least 6 hours sleep before a flight too and stuff

• They’ll have a free week but then they might need to fly somewhere far away and won’t be home for a few days

• Depending on your senority and certifications and so on they can't just make you fly to Australia. I do want a family and legally I could take up to 1 year of paid maternity leave coz or share it with de motha.

Most Helpful Guys

• Airline pilot?
    It may pay well but hours are long and coming home every evening isn't in your contract. Airport hotels aren't that fun.

• EU regulations and even national laws makes it illegal for a pilot to fly above a certain amount of hours without sleeping or taking a break. The airline I was looking at does have 5 days work then 4 days at home and at most you work like 186 days a year which is not a lot when the average person works over 250 days a year.

• Just try to find what pilots of Virgin ao budget companies think about it.

• In the US, commercial pilots don't make hardly any money...