Do you think being a pilot is a good job?

A pilot of an airplane.Do you think being a pilot is a good job?
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • No.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on what you want to do with your life. Pilots get more opportunities to travel however they will be away from their family a lot

0|0
    0|0
    • Technically pilots works less than the average person and have more free weeks at home than most other people and for my country the law's on your side with this and they literally need you to have at least 6 hours sleep before a flight too and stuff

• They’ll have a free week but then they might need to fly somewhere far away and won’t be home for a few days

• Depending on your senority and certifications and so on they can't just make you fly to Australia. I do want a family and legally I could take up to 1 year of paid maternity leave coz or share it with de motha.

Most Helpful Guys

• Airline pilot?
    It may pay well but hours are long and coming home every evening isn't in your contract. Airport hotels aren't that fun.

0|0
    0|0
    • EU regulations and even national laws makes it illegal for a pilot to fly above a certain amount of hours without sleeping or taking a break. The airline I was looking at does have 5 days work then 4 days at home and at most you work like 186 days a year which is not a lot when the average person works over 250 days a year.

• Just try to find what pilots of Virgin ao budget companies think about it.

• In the US, commercial pilots don't make hardly any money...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• I read a article that did a survey with pilots and they are really scared to call in sick for work, because they will let down the passengers. So i don’t think so.

0|0
    0|1
    • You usually call in a day earlier if you think you might be sick so the airline contacts another person to be on stand-by if you actually call in sick that day the ones on stand-by usually have to be at most an hour away from the airport so they can get there at time.

• Show All
    • you can feel bit "meh" a day before it kicks in or you feel too tired to fly or legally didn't get enough sleep to actually fly. But on the way home I dont think pilots even want to call in sick if they're going home and can rest there.

• Listen I’m just the messenger

• I think it's a decent job. It probably has its good parts and bad parts, like all other jobs.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yas i want to be a pilot! I'm about to do my first solo flight!

0|0
    0|0
    • You're 16?😅🤔 Well in my country you HAVE to be 18 to even start "test" driving airplanes no matter how big they are.

• Show All
    • Its only SAS that has gone really badly and in 2012 almost went under so I would want to fly with Norwegian which pays pretty good maybe not as good as in China or in the middle east.

• That sounds good, good luck with it!

• Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • If you enjoy it then yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • You have no personal life

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• It's awesome, that has always been my dream. I love flying. It's a bit inconvenient for the family though

0|0
    0|0
    • Not in my country as laws forces companies certain schedules with pilots even EU regulations does.

• Yeah but after a 8 hour flight, don't expect to spend your night at home.

• Yeah but the highest days worked by pilots in my country is 186 days a year 6 more days than what kids go to school a year here. Although the average person works over 250 days a year which means you do have more time with family and they counted being away as working not just only flying the airplane.

• Hell yeah, I’d love to be a pilot. Going to get my license in the next couple years

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I think it's an awesome job

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cool job. 😎

0|0
    0|0
  • no

but somebody's got to do it

0|0
    0|0
  • It's an outstanding job. My dad was one

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't want to have a family, yeah

0|0
    0|0
    • Do you think pilots can’t have a family? Lol

• Show All
    • Not raising your children, seeing them and your wife/husband every other day. That's not having a family for me

• But those free days are usually spent outside, not with your family at home

• a military pilot is much better , get F 22 and fly

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes