Ever fail an exam you felt confident you would pass?

ever fail an exam where at the time you felt confident that you would pass?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes! Especially when I studied the study guide given and the topics given by the professor. Sometimes the exam be different than what they tell you it’s gonna be on it🙄

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. The first half of my dissertation. Luckily my project work and research boosted it up before final grading.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think I've ever failed any important exams. At least I don't remember.

However, I came close once. As a final exam for my BA studies, I had to sit an oral exam for history. I had to read 10 monographs within a few months and was then questioned about their content during a 30-minute exam. Before the exam, I felt very confident. Some of the books had been very thick but I still felt like: "how hard can it be".
    Turns out the questions were much more detailed than I had expected. I was able to answer all of them but I could tell the professor wasn't satisfied (she made a sour-grape face throughout the entire exam). At the end of it all, she told me to wait outside. I suddenly got a really bad feeling in my stomach and was starting to get worried. After a few minutes, she called me back into the room. I sat down again and she said a bit uppish: "You have passed - but not gloriously."
    Then she went on a rant about all the details I got wrong, where I basically just turned off my brain. I passed so... that's all that mattered in that moment. I did get pretty scared for a moment though.

Another exam where I got a bit shocked was my Latin exam. In Switzerland, you need to have a certificate in Classical Latin to study most liberal arts majors. Since I didn't have Latin in high school, I had to make up for it in Uni. The problem with this was that the Latin class at Uni takes only 1 year. It's incredibly intensive and at the end of it, you're basically expected to know what other people have learned in 4-5 years of high school.
    At the end of the year, I realized there was no chance in the world I was going to pass the final exam. So instead of even trying, I repeated the entire year. The second time it was time to sign up for the exam, I did. I felt quite confident and thought this time around I was really well-prepared. The exam was long and difficult. It consisted of a written and an oral part. I still felt quite confident though. In the end, I did pass and my grade was okay but I was still a bit shocked because I expected to rock it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• It's always "it's gone shit= pass" and "its gone well=massive failure."

0|1
    0|0
  • I've passed exam I thought I would fail. Which was every single time haha

0|1
    0|0
  • nope I failed them with confidence

0|1
    0|0
  • 100000 times yup

0|1
    0|0
  • Yah most of my GCSEs lol

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• No. When I was confident about passing a test, it was for a good reason. When I took my boards, I did well, but I didn't have any particularly feeling of doing good or bad on them, as I took the test.

0|1
    0|0
  • Took a state licensing examination that I was ready for. Failed by 2 points. I was ready but those questions a calculations were unbelievable. I was sure I was ready.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oddly enough, no. I always had a sense of whether I'd done well or badly, and I don't remember ever being surprised.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh man, where do i start hahahah
    specially in history and biology

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh yea
    The professors do some crazy things sometimes lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Spanish class in high school. Knew the words I was just horrible at spelling. Lol good times

0|1
    0|0
  • all the time cause exams are rigged against nationalists and white males

0|0
    1|1
  • yup. but i hope it never happens again to me

0|1
    0|0
    • what happened?

• i just came back from my final exams of my diploma in fitness and training, im a little confident that i'll pass it in the first try, but im not too confident about it, or i just dont want to keep high expectations and hopes, lol, theory went fine, viva went a little horrible, i just hope i'll pass in the first try and get my diploma

• Nope, not once.

0|1
    0|0
  • No..

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but once or twice, the opposite happened...

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I've passed one I thought I would fail.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah maths quizzes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Homework assignments. Never exams.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Twice.