How can I pass a McDonald's interview?

I have an interview in a few days, and I really really want the job, but I don't know how to make sure I get it. I read the questions they ask, and the 'best' answers, but are you really meant to say those things? they sound kinda fake, and has anyone done the 'on the job' evaluation?

also the thing says to give example of group work i've done, but I have never played sports or anything before, I don't know what to say, does anyone know? If you know anything, please tell me? thanks!!!

314

Most Helpful Guys

• I work at McDonalds - go me... not so much

Honestly, they dont actually care about your responses; they aren't going to take them away and give them some thought or anything, so dont feel so bad about giving the generic "I love to work in a team" answers as they only mark them down for paperwork reasons.
    They will ask you questions like "What would you do if you were leaving your shift and you saw an eldery couple struggling find a seat" or something like that; dont stress, they just want to hear the most generic and obvious answer you can give - always remember to finish each example with a "thats it" because they will just expect you to keep on talking.
    You may be expected to do 30 mins behind the front counter or on the drive-thru handing out food, dont worry about this; they aren't expecting you to know where everything is or what the policies are; they just want to see how polite and direct you are with the customers - dont "I dont know" to a customer if they ask you something, instead say "I am afraid that I can't help with that but my manager here can help you" they love that stuff.

If you get a second interview it will most likely be sitting in the main office or crew room filling out long and very boring online workbooks so that you can start and get your clock in number without having to wait and potentially miss your first pay.

• My McDonalds interview was very short it literally was like this:

Employer: Hey, so you want a job?
    Me: yeah
    Employer: ok, are you a cool guy
    Me: Most certainly
    Employer: you're hired when can you start?
    Me: Tomorrow.

Shortest interview i ever was in.

Most Helpful Girl

• McDonald's was my first job at 19 because no one else would hire me due to no experience. You will likely get the job because McDonald's is a terrible place to work for and they have a high turnover rate. People quit all the time because they get treated like shit, not just by customers but by their managers as well. I will never forget working a drive-thru cashier shift with really bad bronchitis. I couldn't stop coughing and all I heard from the office was my general manager yell "DRINK SOME WATER AND STOP COUGHING!"
    The bitch didn't even ask me if I was okay. She didn't give one single fuck about my health.

You will likely get the job because they always need people (again, because people quit all the time) but you will hate every single moment being there.