What is the meaning of life at age 23?

I just turned 23 a couple days ago and I'm still trying to figure what to do with life still, what are the majority of people doing by age 23? I'm a student currently and majoring in art, I love graphic design and it's a career that I eventually want to do, but lately I've been feeling like I'm behind everyone else and I feel I need to catch up. Is there anyone else out there who feels like they need to catch up with life? I'd love to hear your thoughts and thank you for the input.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• First of all, don't compare yourself with others. That's the biggest mistake people make which causes unhappiness. Do your best and do well in school - just focus on that and don't think of how so-and-so is better. Do well in school and everything else will take care of itself at the right time.

2|0
    0|0
    • I agree with python, as long as you have goals and aspirations and are working towards them you are fine regardless of age or where you are in life.

• You're one up on me. At 23 i was trying relive my teens. it wasn't till my dad passed away at 26 that i grew up. In my 30's i became obsessed with where my life was heading was i accomplishing what i needed to for a guy my age was i reaching my full potential. Now at 42 i know people who make 25k a yr. with a mountain of debt with no retirement. And i know people with net worth's over 1 million. If i had advice to myself at your age now it. would be you're going to be just fine stop stressing about what mountain to climb and adjust as you go. there are so many things in life outside of your control.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Heaven. I experienced sex the first time when I was 22 . There cannot be a better feeling than this.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• you are right where you should be. most young folks starting out in life don't know what they want. this is normal. It's a process of elimination until you find you niche. the fun and danger is in the excitement of discovery and experimentation so you can figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • You could instead evaluate the meaning of being 24. That gives you time to work it out properly, and eases the ''tension'' right now. If you are behind anyone else, you could alter your direction - and find yourself in front. I speak in pictures, so that the graphic designer understands :) You are already doing something with your life. Each step leads to next steps. In a way we never arrive, but trod on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Six years ago, I went on a journey, a 9 month journey on a ship and explored and saw many different things. However, most people are just trying to establish themselves and survive at age 23.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm feeling exactly the same
    At least you're interested in what you're doing
    I really hope I get some time to do the thinking

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't feel like you are behind. Everyone progresses at their own pace. I've known plenty of people who were students at the age of 23 or even older

1|0
    0|0
  • At 23, finish education and /or build a career and build independent life.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no meaning to life other than survival and making the best out of what you have. Life is pretty much what you make of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Your more organized then I was at 23, at 23 I was finished college and thinking something will happen

0|0
    0|0
  • Same as any other age if you believe the Bible defines life’s meaning. (As I do.)

0|0
    0|0
  • First all you a very interesting popped into your mind... Actually we have the same age... I just turned to 23 as well 😊.. Good news for you that you are not alone thinking such thoughts... Well speaking truly this is the age we must decide why were we born what is the purpose of our life what do we really want from our lives... Do we just want to live a regular and boring life.. Making future.. Searching jobs... Going to office like a school boy or girls or we want someting special... Look for the thing which gives us happiness... Apart from all that I have some hidden desires inside me that is my secret

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you want to have children?

1|0
    0|0
  • Pop out some babies

1|0
    0|0
  • Do drugs then OD.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes