Is psychology a talent or something that can be learned?

Also why do people read books rather than just observe people?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• The theory helps you understand whats happening when you're observing otherwise you can spend lots of time stuck in ruts people have already figured out. Both are helpful though, I just think they work best in combination.

0|2
    0|0
  • Psychology is a study, it involves both studying of people and the understanding of aspects of people that you can't easily observe for yourself. Someone presents to you as an adult, for example, but you still need to understand how where they came from impacts who they are now and you can only do that if they help you to do that. Hence you make use of the comprehensive studies of many others before you, to understand common psychological mechanisms. Everyone learns from those who have come before them, in every aspect of life. Those people aren't always around to tell you what they've learned and so you read their work. Otherwise you are constantly trying to reinvent the wheel and that's not how a society progresses.

0|1
    0|0
    • But I was just thinking that with psychology, everyone is unique so it must be hard to use literature to understand someone.

• Everyone is unique to a point but we all share common traits as do all members of a single species, because we all came from a common root and we all evolved through the same process as a species.

• Yeah true and like Mrkinktastic said I guess theory and observation would be good together

• I think it is more than likely you need to be naturally inclined and talented for those type of vocations yeah, there is probably bad doctors out there, doctors in general and those are the ones that probably are not naturally inclined for such a vocation but only in it for some other reasons

0|1
    0|0
  • Reading can be part of learning

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes