If your Curriculum Vitae is 3 pages, is that too long?

28

What Guys Said 8

• 3 pages is excessive.
    Sheryl Sandberg's CV is one page.
    I've gone through a lot of CVs of people who got accepted into Google, Facebook, and usually the best candidates only send in 1-page CVs.

If you are changing industries, or have worked in multiple industries in the past, all of which have taught you valuable transferable skills, then you could try a 2-page CV.

I have never heard of a HR recruiter (and I know a few) who encourage people to send 3-page CVs. In fact, they encourage 1-page CVs, and discourage anything beyond 2 pages.

• I'm not sure about the rules for a CV but for a resume it is too long

• Yes. 2 pages max. And take the shit they don't care about off it

• 2 pages is deemed best. However, it depends and varies on the field

• Yeah I think so.

• Yes. 2 pages is a must.

• what's a curriculum vitae?

• thats too long.

What Girls Said 2

• A resume for a standard job is best when it is one page. It's more likely to be read.

A CV is used for more specialized types of work where it is very important that a person list many details of their education and career history. Academic careers, medical careers, careers in science and similar kinds of work tend to use them.

• No, that sounds perfect