I need to learn 2 languages in 6 Months any tips?

I need tips on becoming beginner level friendly, in 2 languages before a business trip in 6 Months. I got choose for my skills, so I will be 1 of 3 people accompanying my boss. I told I didn't speak a word of either of those to languages. He told me I have 6 months, I should be able to be at beginner level by then, but he said not to worry even if I can't say anything, as he and the other 2 people can speak very well. I just want to make a good first impression, and to make it look like I am glad for this opportunity. Any tips on how to learn, Chinese (mandarin) and Japanese in 6 months?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Iโ€™m currently learning another language but for fun, I use an app called HelloTalk, thatโ€™s great because you get to speak to those who are fluent in whichever language and they will help or teach you :) , itโ€™s totally free unless you go for a VIP package (unnecessary)

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't want to spend money, to learn the languages. As I am currently saving up to buy a car. I have to take the tram at the moment. Thank you for your help.

Most Helpful Guy

• nice
    your boss must be good person to treat you like that
    how did he say its okay still if u can't say anything in 6 months?
    you found this job yourself, or by the help of someone (did u have someone in the right place) ?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Well, I found this job myself, I started of working there about 8 years ago. I worked my way up the ladder, with my current boss's father. As for my current boss, we are still very close friends. I met him in high school, his father owns the company. I often helped him with things, so I guess he see me as more of a friend that helps him, than just an another worker.

• 5d

i understand what u mean
      hope you to be very succesful and good luck with your job and whole life :)) thank you for explaining

• 5d

It's no problem, I don't mind sharing information about my job, when asked. Anyway, I am deleting gag. It's not as helpful as I was hoping it to be, good luck, goodbye.๐Ÿ˜Š

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Look on YouTube
    "TED TALK : learning languages "

There are 2 different clips for as far i know. Maybe it can help you

0|0
    0|0
  • Learn to read some Kanji so it tranfers between both.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can already read some Kanji, I started learning 2 weeks ago. Yet, I want to be able to hold a conversion in those 2 languages when I get there. Any tips would be most appreciated.

• Show All
    • You're welcome.

• 5d

I am going to be deleting gag, I find it's not helping me as much as I would have hoped, it would. Thank you for everything, good luck and goodbye.๐Ÿ˜Š

• What languages are we talking about?

0|0
    0|0
    • Chinese (mandarin) and Japanese. Any help would be most appreciated.

• Show All
    • I wish I was learning Norwegian. ๐Ÿ˜ŠWell my boss can speak fluent Japanese and Chinese, so I will practice on him. Thank you for your help.

• Glad to be of help! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

Recommended myTakes