How do I get into working with computers/networking and etc with no experience and an associates degree in Cybersecurity?

I will be graduating this December with an associates degree in cybersecurity and have no experience working with anything on computers, except for basic usage. I'm willing to do anything with computers. How do I get my foot in the door? I've tried internships, but they dont give me a chance since i have no experience.

Help?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Not sure what part of the country you are in. But I would be willing to help you. Have you looked into a CISSP program?

The average salary for a female CISSP falls between $73,627 and $111,638, while the average male salary is between $78,788 and $119,184. The CISSP is a foundational certification for those seeking a higher level security profession as well as one of the most highly sought after certs in the IT industry.

0|0
    1|1
    • 6 d ago

im in Georgia. Is CISSP a certification I can get hired on without experience?

• 6 d ago

Oh, you still need experience. I was just thinking you wanted to go further in cybersecurity. You are on the right track. But you don't necessarily need experience in the security field. You can get experience as a desktop consultant/technician. So if you are looking for a job immediately, I would say after you get your degree, get an A+ certification or something from Microsoft like Windows 10, etc. That should get you an entry level support job.

And as you get experience if you want to make big bucks, look to get your CISSP. Security is the fastest growing field.

• Maybe volunteer at nonprofits. You need a lot more education than that to get into that field.

0|0
    0|0
  • Apply for those jobs

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes