If I suck at every job I have, had in the past, why haven’t I gotten fired?

This applies to my current job in higher education. I’ve worked in college advising for 3 months. And boy I am terrible, compared to the other woman that’s brand new to working in a college and is doing very well. I’ve told these concerns to my boss and she has provided optional trainings if I feel they’re necessary. But, still does not think I’m doing bad at my job. She thinks I’m doing well.

Compared to where I previously worked, coworkers were nasty to me and did not like the way I worked. However, bosses never really had an issue with me. Is this in my head? I feel like I’m really a hopeless worker. I like my job and the environment but I don’t want to work in a place where I absolutely suck at what I do.

26