If I suck at every job I have, had in the past, why haven’t I gotten fired?

This applies to my current job in higher education. I’ve worked in college advising for 3 months. And boy I am terrible, compared to the other woman that’s brand new to working in a college and is doing very well. I’ve told these concerns to my boss and she has provided optional trainings if I feel they’re necessary. But, still does not think I’m doing bad at my job. She thinks I’m doing well.

Compared to where I previously worked, coworkers were nasty to me and did not like the way I worked. However, bosses never really had an issue with me. Is this in my head? I feel like I’m really a hopeless worker. I like my job and the environment but I don’t want to work in a place where I absolutely suck at what I do.

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If current and past bosses are fine with your work, I'd say go by that. You might be better than you think! Next time you meet with your boss, bring it up again and see what kind of feedback you get.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

So why did coworkers have an issue?

• 3 d ago

Probably for some lame reason. I remember my first job out of college I got flack from co-workers.

• 3 d ago

Flack?

• Because you don't need to be good in order to stay employed.
    You just need to do what you're told when you're told to and meet the basic requirements.

It's possible you're also over-criticizing yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let me tell you a little secret: Almost everybody fucking sucks at their jobs. That is also true for the higher ups who assess the other people. They have no clue what they are doing so many of the ones under them will be quite safe even if they suck since their boss is to dumb to know they suck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your ABSENCE perhaps Made them Fonder Cos you NEVER ABSENT FROM ONE, hun. lolxx

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

That made no sense

• Tax cuts?

0|0
    0|0
  • You're probably pretty that's why they keep you

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you have a nice ass? I doubt you create any value for your employer.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are desperate for workers

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes