Should I take art?

So I wasn't gonna do Art for a gcse, cause everybody was grilling me about how time consuming it was at school, but recently I got into a bit of a weird situation and my head teacher ended up telling me that the head of the Art department had told her that I was the most talented student (In terms of Art) in the school. Looking back on it, I kind of remember how disappointed my Art and DT teachers were when I told them I wasn't taking those subjects... but I don't know what to expect. What if it's not what I want to do, or I spend too long on it? I'm stressing out :'DDD
Should I take art?

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes , i would recommend taking Art and seeing how you like it
    if i would of put more into Art Class in High School i would of
    been able to do Art and sell Art but the thing i quit and i will
    tell everyone no one wants to be a quitter. Best Wishes on
    whatever you choose to do.:D

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's something you don't want to do as a job then don't. You can always keep art as a hobby. I draw but never went into the professional area, I always kept it as a hobby.

1|0
    0|0
  • If you enjoy it, definetly do it. Especially with GCSEs your options dont really matter. Do the subjects you wanna do.

And if you are worried about how it looks or whatever, art at GCSE is actually really good because it shows you can be creative and think for yourself and think deeply on a topic.

If you want to do it, do it, but at the end of the day GCSEs seem very important at the time, but all too soon you'll get the joys of A-Levels and maybe uni and you'll realise how wasted the stress was ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

yeah my brother's doing his a-levels rn, not a pretty sight lol

• Show All
    • 4 d ago

as in those were my grades :P B, B and D, so in the current grading system i think it would have been 6,5 and 3

• 4 d ago

"Benign Breast Disease" JJ m8 I was pretty worried there for a second...

• If you are very good at art - and are creative and unique - it could be a good career. The average artist in Canada makes $53,000 a year. But you have to remember many try to become artists and fail to turn their dream into a career because it is a very stressful job if you haven't found yourself artistically yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • What about taking a club instead? Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s an art club.

1|0
    0|0
  • I say do it and study others. You can have several majors in college.

1|0
    0|0
  • Id suggest u going for animation instead of art.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes