Do you think schools/colleges need a dress code?

SpiderManFan2002
Often, when I watch American student vlogs I see people complaining about their dress codes, their school has.

Now I'm in college and in the USA that would be equivalent to the last two years of high school. We don't have a strict dress code- meaning, girls aren't restricted from wearing things like crop tops, and off shoulder tops, etc.

I don't wear those kinds of clothes myself, I usually just come in jeans/leggings and a jumper or something.

A lot of these American vloggers say their dress codes are so strict so the girls and boys don't distract each other, and so the boys don't perv on the girls. Now I've been going to my college for over a month, and the boys don't care what the girls wear and vice versa, we all just come to class and get on with it, nobody pervs on anyone.

At my secondary school's sixth form, they have such a strict dress code, like you can't even wear hoodies or jeans to prepare you for the "working world" but the way I see it, if my workplace has a dress code, and I'm comfortable with it- I'll follow it, because I'm getting paid.

I'm leaning over to the 'we don't need dress codes' argument, but if you think you have a good argument to persuade me we do need dress codes- I'd love to hear it. :)
Yes They Do
No They Don't
I'm Neutral On The Matter
Vote C
Other
Vote D
GirlGuy
17
8