Should I go back to work at my old job & how do I ask?

Anonymous
Okay so about 2 years ago I was working at a restaurant full time and working on my Bachelor's in Psychology. I decided to leave my job at the restaurant, because I recieved another job that was in my field of study. Unfortunately for me the job in my field ended up only being a temporary position.
Since then, I've been applying for different jobs -preferably in office settings- because that's where I have the most experience and because I struggle with anxiety. I've been applying to multiple places for months now and I haven't recieved ANY responses. Should I message my old manager and see if I can work at the restaurant again? What should this message say? Or should I just try applying to retail positions? An

If I'm being honest, there's positives and negatives in both cases but I appreciate any advice !
2
0