What did you want to become that you ended up not becoming? And are you happy with what you are today?

Anonymous
When I was young, my parents always said they loved my arts and crafts, but when it came time to attend a university they rejected the idea of me going to an art school and said I must study medicine or engineering because I would make more money, that was their reasoning. I spent the next 5 years jumping from one university to the next unable to fit in anywhere and I started to fall in to severe depression.
I was in a different country at this time from my parents so I really had to depend on them for support. They had someone spying on me at all times just to make sure I didn't secretly go to the art university I wanted. At some point this spy changed his mind after seeing my work and told them that maybe letting me go to art school was a better idea, but at that point it was already late, out of money and about to lose my residence in that country.
I jumped in to the nearest cheapest business school I could afford so as not to get deported. My parents were happy to pay for it as long as it had nothing to do with art.
Even though I did exceptionally well in that school with a fantastic results, I wasn't happy at all. Time for my internship while in the final year and about to write my final thesis, but after spending only 1 day at the work place, I went home and never went back there or to the school and never left the house... I attempted suicide 2 weeks later, got caught in the process by my "friend", ended up in the hospital for days then locked in a mental institution for a week then sent back to my country.

I've been out of school since 2017 till today... all that was left was my final paper but it has proven impossible to write because I don't even see any future in it.

I feel stuck... I'm stuck.
2
3