Would you try glow in the dark beer?

theChineseWASP
Would you try glow in the dark beer? It is made with genetically engineered yeast that glow in the dark. There are no harmful side effects.I bring this up because I am interested in the field of Synthetic Biology (SynBio) which is the field of science that deals with engineering biology for specific applications.

In San Francisco they have a yearly event called SynBioBeta that showcases a lot of the cool new projects coming out. For example one of the ideas that was showcased last convention was a Japanese company called Spiber https://www.spiber.jp/en/ that engineered bacteria to produce spider threads. They then used the spider thread material to spike into plastic products like skate boards and coats as a more sustainable alternative.
These bacteria are genetically engineered to produce spider silk
So anyways what do you guys think of Synthetic Biology? Do you think it's as cool as I think it is? Because I think it's fu-ing awesome!!!

P. S. This is the field that I want to work in and if anyone knows of someone working the field please let me know, thank you!
glow in the dark beer
glow in the dark beer
Genetically engineered yeast
Genetically engineered yeast
I would try glow in the dark beer and I think SynBio is cool
I would try glow in the dark beer but I don't think SynBio is cool
I would not try glow in the dark beer but I think SynBio is cool
Vote C
I would not try glow in the dark beer and I don't think SynBio is cool (BOOOOO!!!)
Vote D
GirlGuy
11 mo
I wanted to respond to you guys but my account was frozen for a while. Sorry about that.
Would you try glow in the dark beer?
2
9