Some singing questions?

sensible27
I can't sing bad, I mean I can sing well enough but I can't really show examples of what not to do and what to avoid (except the pretty much basic stuff...)... does that mean I don't have a good enough grasp of it or is it something more specific to teachers rather than good or bad singers? It's somewhat intutive...

Secondly, do you think not remembering the lyrics or the song very much is a good Idea? I have noticed that I'm better of not listening to the song for a while, than knowing it word by word and the whole melody and tune... Is it because it gives you/me the freedom to move around a bit without becoming fixated to one type of way ('type of way')... of doing things I guess...

Do you think singing is more about knowing what not to do than knowing what to do? (Don't know why I'm asking this but good/great to gather opinions I guess...)...
Some singing questions?
1
1