What advice could you give to someone with low confidence for a video interview?

GlitterFairy16
Im so nervous and its really upsetting me. Im terrible around cameras and hate being videoed.

I recently got a email from a job i applied for at my local Aldi supermarket. Because of covid they are only doing video interviews on Launchpad recruitment software.

I've done a video interview before on Launchpad recruitment software and had to give up halfway through because it went so badly. It's horrible, you get given a question on the spot and are expected to give a clear, confident answer in 3 minutes and can't redo or edit it.

Im wanting to work in a supermarket not audition for a reality show. I personally think its a terrible way of interviewing. How can you get to know someone from a video, you'll just end up hiring the most over confident knob heads and it kind of tells your potential staff but you don't care for face to face interactions with them when its a retail job.

Last time I was saying alk the wrong stuff and shaking. I ended up crying because i felt so panicked and rushed. Im usually a lot more confident in face to face interviews because having someone else there carms my nerves but doing it by myself in my room being on the stop only seeing myself in the camera just fills me with dread
1 y
I already feel i have no chance, im not a public speaker at all and i think this type of interviewing is discriminatory and elitist
3
0