Does anyone know the Americans with disabilities act pretty well? I need help with a college situation?

Anonymous
I recently petitioned to live off campus at my college because last year I was diagnosed with something that falls under the ADA, narcolepsy. I lived on campus last year and they failed to accommodate me when I made a complaint to the head of housing about my roommate being rude. She told me to talk to the RA. My roommate would listen to music until 1-2 am then again 8-9 am, full blast, be loud, etc. and I needed to sleep. I cannot function without it. On top of that she didn’t clean, hogged the bathroom morning and night which made me late to class and work. They had her sign a roommate agreement which did nothing and when I emailed the RA again she told me she was busy and would get to me when she could. Then COVID happened and I moved home. This year I did not want to go though anything like that again because all summer I have perfected my sleep schedule and incorporated medicine to help. The school approved me to live off campus due to medical reasons but then charged me an $800 living off campus fee. I know they charge that to anyone who lives off campus because they want you to live on campus and rarely let you live off. But my reason was a medical reason and I don’t feel they should be charging me, especially since it falls under the ADA. It is a private college so I’m not sure if that changes anything.
0
1