AITA? My manager told me to let my coworker drown, to stop making drinks & helping customers even if they are yelling my name. AITA for listening?

Dazed0N0Confused
I work in a neighborhood bar, yesterday was Wing Night & it gets pretty busy, so we sometimes have 2 people behind the bar. I was first in, shift started at 5 and by time my coworker arrived at 630 I was in a great groove, running & joking around with my patrons. Coworker comes in & she is glaring at me for being there.
I know what the normal Wednesday regulars drink so when I spot them I go and grab them their drinks. I am on top of it. Coworker who hasn't been there 30min tells me she is going for a smoke break, which I normally don't have a problem with, except this time my manager came behind the bar to ask where she went. My response didn't sit well with my manager.
My manager told me after she went to find her and talk to her that my coworker was upset because I was running the bar & wasn't letting her run it. My manager told her that I was in a groove, that it's busy, and that I manage my bar by running and not stopping, which in turn pissed my coworker off more. My manager also told me that I needed to let her sink, since she is so upset that I am even there.
Eventually I am getting off the clock and all my regulars are yelling my name and I told them my shift was over, much to their dismay. My regulars in turn, once I'm on the opposite side of the bar, tell me all the things they hate about my coworker (slow, doesn't smile, isn't personable, etc). I had people buying me shots because they didn't have cash to tip me out personally. My regulars were practically begging me to get back behind the bar, and it took all my willpower to tell them 'no' because my patrons come first in my bar, but I couldn't do it. I was over it.
I was over her glaring at me, I was over running circles when I wasn't the closer, I was over being told that she was going to tip me out even though I was running.
Am I the asshole for letting her sink like my manager told me to do?
I feel I was the asshole when it comes to my patrons though.
2
0