Should I try out a new job?

For the entire month of August I have been extremely stressed and the only place I can say the stress has come from is my job. At least half of the staff quit because of covid so... basically all of their work got put on to me. My boss recognized my hard work and reliability and promoted me to a manager which I was extremely happy about...

But it quickly made me miserable because since we had no staff I was doing all the work on top of being a manager. Basically I was managing myself. I have been absolutely miserable.

Last week we finally hired enough people so a lot of the work load has been taken off of me. I've only worked three days with these people and then my week vacation started which I'm on now.

Now before all of this I got a new job offer that I can start as soon as I get home. I was planning to make my decision while on my vacation but my vacation is almost over and I still don't know what to do.

I have hated the job I used to love for the past month. So I feel like I should try out this new job but with this new job I won't be a manager, I'll just be a basic worker.

Do I stay at my job with a good position that has made me really upset the past month (that could get better now that there are more employees) or do I try a new job that has no benefits for me?

I feel extremely stressed about this. I think it would be good for me to try something new but I also don't think I need the stress of starting over with a new job that I can 100% say I don't want to do for the rest of my life.
Should I try out a new job?
4
0