Is it common to make mistakes often at work?

Anonymous

I’ve been at my current job for almost two years. And it’s my first time in the field, while I have a general understanding of what the job entails, things happen and some things can fall through the cracks. My boss finds my mistakes, let’s say, every few weeks. Some audit is completed and I get corrected. Is this normal or does this mean I’m bad at my job? I go without being addressed for weeks & then I’m in the limelight every couple of days. I feel like my boss tends to point out my flaws more, I’ve seen cases where I have to address things for another coworker and looking at their notes/follow-up, I wonder how the boss has not caught this yet. While I never get away with anything, I feel like my boss tends to single me out more. I’m always on time & NEVER take off work, I am one of the younger workers too. But I see others whom are close to my age & don’t see them getting corrected as often as me. Im looking for new work but it’s been hard. Am I overreacting or does this happen at most places?
Yes
Vote A
No
Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Is it common to make mistakes often at work?
Add Opinion