STEM majors or graduates, did you ever feel like there was a push from others to pursue a career in the healthcare industry?

Rina_colada
I am curious to see everyone’s answers. I am a senior Bio major. I feel like between staff members, classes/events the school holds (related to STEM stuff), family, friends, etc. there is a push for STEM majors to pursue healthcare related careers. Of course, there is nothing wrong with healthcare careers. However, not everyone who is STEM wants to be a doctor or nurse. Some people want to do laboratory/research, and people should have access to information about it just as much as they do for people in the healthcare field. Research/Laboratory careers are important as well, and I feel like they’re not talked about often. There are also not a lot of opportunities for graduate school (at least where I’m from.) What do you think? Do STEM majors get a lot of pressure to pursue healthcare related careers?
3
1