How do I best ask my company for a transfer to another state due to getting married?

Anonymous
I’ve been with my company in a field marketing role since January. I don’t know if we have an opening on the west coast but some of our home office employees to field underwriting from the East Coast so it might be possible. BUT they would have to reassign someone which isn’t necessarily fair to the other employee.

Thanks to COVID I’ve been able to work from AZ for the past 6 months since I can’t visit clients right now but I need to let my boss know I’m moving in Dec or Jan. He doesn’t know I’ve been working from Phoenix but I got engaged over the summer.

Am I screwed? I hate to leave my territory and clients but my fiancé’s family lives here so it makes more sense. Plus there are other companies in my industry here that I could move to if need be once COVID runs it’s course so long term other options. I don’t want to switch companies. ☹️
1
0