How did your parents react when you got a bad grade?

Lynx122
I don't know if this really reflects reality but in some Asian shows it's so toxic how the parents treat their kids. Your parents are only gonna be happy if you get good grades don't let them down and all they do is try and lobby the other parents to get them in the best classes and study groups and whatever. Putting this much pressure on a kid is such a wrong approach.

Some countries give kids most of the day off and no homework so they can preserve the joy of learning for longer instead of making it a chore and it's proven that this is more effective. People learn better when they want to learn. But this is the exact opposite approach not only do you turn learning into a fulltime job you also tell the kid the entire family's happiness and status depends on his performance what a terrible idea.

For me my parents were disappointed in me and maybe told me if I was serious when I got a bad grade but it wasn't that bad they didn't treat me any differently and they didn't make me feel like I was letting everyone down or something. But I was a good student so I always turned it around. Even if I wasn't though I feel like it's not such a big deal. People need to chill.
4
2