Advice for dealing with a very condescending and infantilizing supervisor who is never satisfied with me?

Anonymous
I’m a behavioral therapist for kids with autism. I’ve been dealing with a very difficult supervisor the past month or so. She used to be pleasant to work with but it feels like since she had a baby she’s very critical of every single thing I say or do and there’s no making her happy.

Example: While training someone to take over the case of a client I worked with, I’d sent her a couple emails regarding concerns within our session. She said to save these emails for my desk time, so I did. She then complained that I send too many emails and should save things for meetings. When I did this, she asked why I didn’t email her sooner about a couple particular things.

I keep getting conflicting feedback from her like this and there just seems to be so much misunderstanding and stress/anxiety on my end because of it. I told her this but she never really gave me a real solution other than to ask questions, which again I still receive criticism for.

Any suggestions? I feel like getting a higher up supervisor involved would make things worse and add tension, and I fear that if I just cut communication with her down to when I absolutely need to contact her that she’d just complain about that too.
1
0