Should I stay in this job? do they maybe not want me?

pink_and_inlove
I have this job that I’ve been working at for about a month now that gives me very little hours twice a week like for example on Thursday I work from 1030 am to 2pm and on Sunday I work from 1030 am to 1pm and they pay 8 dollars per hour I’ve gotten two checks so far one was 92 dollars and the other was 34 dollars. The manager there told me that she would give me more hours and I often find myself having to ask almost every week what my schedule is otherwise I don’t even know when to come in for work. My parents both want me to quit this job but all I want is experience and I feel like I don’t have many job options because I’m so shy I’ve also been wanting to work for the longest this is the first job that I’ve gotten without anyone’s help and my second job I want to work here for at least like 5-8 months because I want my resume to look good. My parents keep on telling me to leave this job but getting this job was actually pretty hard, I kinda like it I’ve gotten adjusted to it and stuff, and also my mom is telling me that they don’t want me there because I’m too slow (in speed) that made me feel bad but I know that I’ve been doing good At the job I’ve been trying the best that I can and I know that it’s not true that I’m slow because I do well still it makes me feel bad because for a long time I’ve always felt like no one wants me since I’ve always been a bit of a loner and now this job.
1 mo
My mom says that she doesn't want me because they aren’t giving me more hours and isn’t sending me the schedule. when I asked the manager if my hours were like that because I’m a beginner she said yes and last week on Sunday she said that I’ll finally get more hours but today is 9 days later and she hasn’t send me the schedule I made sure to text her though and ask her about it. It sucks though that I have to keep on asking about my schedule almost every week she should just send it
1 mo
I haven’t gotten a message back about my schedule and it has been almost 8 hours since I texted them I think they’re ignoring me. I guess they really don’t want me. I feel bad I’ve been waiting for their text back and was actually looking forward to this job. Maybe I’ll write something to them or maybe I’ll keep waiting
11
4